Beekeeping used to be primitive, but it was well organised. People who spent their time around noise bees near oil lamps were called oil makers. Those who worked with church oil lamps were entitled o special privileges, as they had no burden of state or church matters. Bees were kept primarily for wax, as the church ordered that candles can burn only “de operibus apum”- by bees’ effort.
Mead was used a lot in households. Epic poetry witnesses this. Mead, also called honey water was produced in our region quite skilfully. It was sold outside our borders at a very temping price. There it was cooled by the ice from Lovćen and served as highly esteemed refreshment.
- Danilo Vukmirović – Gornji Ceklin, 069/060-759
- Pavle Jablan – Rvaši, 067/449-671
- Momo Gazivoda – Rvaši, 067/877-087
- Rajko Đurašković –Dujeva, 069/345-040
- Lidija Martinović – Dubovik, 069/675-271
- Danilo Jovićević – Češljari, 020/714-114; 069/584-769
- Radojica Radović – Kosjeri, 069/551-380
- Nikola Martinović – Bajice, 069/352-003