Central National Library “Đurđe Crnojević”
CNL “Đurđe Crnojević” is the national library of Montenegro. It is the treasury of written cultural legacy which keeps material evidence on Montenegrin cultural reality, on origins and identity of the nation. That is why it is a fundamental cultural institution of the state. It gathers and keeps written and electronic sources, makes them accessible and protects them. In publishing Montenegrin national bibliography, it promotes Montenegrin written cultural legacy and provides for cultural needs of the population. Digital technology and internet open new ways to users, improve and enhance the scope of services and modernize its overall operation. In accordance with the principle of general accessibility of information asserts the principle of equality and democracy. As the state parent library it ensures development of libraries in Montenegro. It assists the work of other libraries with its knowledge and experience, and by networking and applying practice of great libraries in the region, Europe and the world. After international recognition of Montenegro, the Library undertook all responsibilities and obligations, domestic and international, which belonged to joint institutions of Serbia and Montenegro.
Vision of the development of the Library is as follows:
– To serve knowledge, education, memory and literacy:
– To ensure general access to information as well as to professional, educational and cultural content:
– To serve as a basis and a stimulus for overall development, progress and empowering of Montenegro:
– To serve and simulate research, studying, entertainment and creativity:
– To serve all citizens of Montenegro with no difference or limitations.